My Trip To Switzerland

My family and I were going on a trip to switzerland because it was my uncle’s 50th birthday so he wanted to go to switzerland. At first only my dad would have gone but in the end we decided that my brother and I would go because it was a once in a lifetime experience. We left canada friday Febuary 7th 6:30 pm. We were going to fly to London,Heathrow airport that night. It was an 8 hour flight. We were flying with British airways and there service was very good.They had many servings to eat and drink as well as a t.v. screen for moives t.v shows or games.

Switzerland 127

We didn’t get much sleep and got to Heathrow tired and  it was 1 o’clock Canada time. We had no trouble sitting down and waiting for about 10 minutes. Our next flight to Geneva,switzerland wich was a 2 hour flight. We were  able to see the elps just before we landed. After that we went tothe train station to get on our 2 hour train ride to Sion. We had a veiw of the mountains on the train.

Switzerland 145

It was a very diffrent type of communitys like all the houses and farm pace. It’s houses were pink, yellow,green and the farm space was surrounded with barbedd wire. Sion was very dirty due to all the people who smoked and dropped their sigerets on the ground. On average 5 out of 7 people smoked in Sion. We decided to take a taxi up the mountain instead of waiting in Sion (wich had nothing to look at but the mountains) for 3 hours for the bus. We got a taxi and got up the mountain to our chalet in about half an hour. When we got there my uncle, his friend (who lives with him),my grandfather and my uncle’s friend from university had gone to get food. The only person their was my uncle’s friend in university’s wife. The shoppers got back in about 10 minutes caught up with south africa family news, watched some Olympics and waited while my mom and my uncle cooked.

Switzerland 251

We only started sking the first day wich didn’t go great. We were with dad and we found a ski lift and there wern’t any others so we decided to go up but when we got on we didn’t know that it was going to take us almost to the top. So we end up on really hard slopes where if you ski like you normally do in Canada you probaboly will hurt yourself. So it took us about an hour to get down because we went slowly section by section and when we got down we decided to go back to the chalet andwatched Olympics. My Grandfather was also going back so the four of us (my dad, grandfather, brother and I) stayed at the chalet the rest of the day. My mom was at the right place (because she got on to the bus) having a lesson and only came back at about 3:30 with my uncle. That night we watched some Olympics in french (french is switzerland main language) so we didn’t understand it, oh well.The four of us were sleeping in the loft wich had a slanted roof so you woul bump your head alot. It took us forever to fall asleep because of the time change so it was about about 4 o’clock pm Canada time. The time diffrence was six hours ahead of Canada time. The next morning we went with my mom and the rest of the pack . I got a lesson so that I was able to turn so that I would be paralell with where I was a second ago. The lesson was at 2 o’clock so I skied on the easier shorter slopes to practice. The lesson went well and after it I was able to turn so I was set for the next two days. When the people who ad the lesson got back we started to make my uncle’s cake and we were able to put it in the oven before my uncle got back.

Switzerland 175

My uncle only saw the cake when we brought it out for him to blow out the candles. We had it for dessert and thankfully none of them were big eaters but my brother and I so we ate most of the cake that night. Then we went to the pool for a while, no one was there but us so we had the whole pool for marco polo. When we got back we saw the Switzerland vs Latvia mens hockey game was on and I was not happy because it was a horrible game and the only goal that was scored in the game was in overtime by Switzerland. That night was the worst night of sleep that we had in Switzerland. It felt like we were still up 2 hours after we had gone to bed.

The third day was good, my dad and I went on the harder slopes the whole of that day. My brother and uncle went on the red while I was on the blue. We were on the slopes for  over five hours.

One thought on “My Trip To Switzerland

1. Hi Brandon,

It sounds like you had a lot of fun on your family trip! It made me want to go to Switzerland someday!

–Ms. Velasco